Friday, October 18, 2013

The Easton Weekend

Back in June, right before we left for Mexico, my cousin invited us to spend a few days at his wife's family home in Easton, Maryland.  My parents, and my sister's family were all able to come.  We had a great weekend of relaxation!  Pools, boats, and crabs created some really great memories. 
Thanks Dan and Jenny!!
 
Beautiful view from the lawn of the house overlooking one of the tributaries of the Chesapeake Bay.
 
 
Sean and Dad relaxing in the back yard, watching all the kids run free :)
 
 
Hanging out with dad at the gazebo.

 
Some pictures, or dare I say "selfies" ugh, with my iphone...
 
 
Trouble makers :)
 
 
The kids had a great time throwing rocks and sticks in the water.  What more do you need?
 
 
Waving at Dan as he drove the boat with Tade, Seth, and Jake.

 
Our turn on the boat!  We had forgotten Asher's sunglasses, so Andelyne was kind enough to lend him one of her pairs :)  Fashion aside, he was loving the boat ride!! 
 
 
He even got to drive the boat himself!
 
 
Heather snuck a picture of me taking a picture of Asher...one of the few of me considering I'm usually the one taking pictures.  I'm pretty okay with that though :)

 
Two people, just enjoying the breeze :)

 
 
Father and son, loving their time on the boat
 
 
In spite of the glasses, this family picture turned out decently!


 Then it was time for the pool!

 
Asher having fun, jumping to his dad.




 
And practicing his acrobatic routine ;)


What's a weekend on the water without fishing??  And guess who caught the first fish?  I did! I did!  I felt pretty awesome ;) 
 

Woohoo!  Go me!


 Everyone got in a little fishing time, and most everyone caught something.


 
The kids had fun watching and even trying to help cast or reel in the fish.  It really was a great time.

 
Asher loving the water...

 
And running free with Andelyne...


 
Silly little kids are the best!

 
Now for serious, half naked fishing time with Uncle Jake, who is one of Asher's favorite people :)
 

 
Reel it in - put your back into it!!

 
We even did some late evening fishing, while watching a gorgeous sunset.  I caught another one!
 

 


 
What's a weekend on the Chesapeake without a crab feast!

 
 
 
Asher was a little suspicious :)

 



 
 
Being goofy for the camera :)
 
 
Hanging out on the beach after eating some crabs.

 
Love these two...


 And of course the requisite attempt at a family photo to end the weekend...  We got a couple.  Thanks, Heather!




 
A great time, a fun weekend, we are looking forward to doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment