Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cavity Finder/Maker

One of the great things about living in another country is trying all the different kinds of food...good and bad.  Now, since we don't have our car yet, we haven't really gotten out to many restaurants.  Fortunately, we have several little markets and shops that are close by, where we are able to sample new foods.  Ok, so when I say new foods, I'm pretty much talking about the sugary, delicious  treats.  You know me and my sweet tooth!!  My personal favorite is the German chocolate, and of course there's Nutella everywhere.  Can't go wrong with that...


We've also tried a few other things that I guess could be considered their "baked goods".  We tried something that looked like baklava, but wasn't, haha, we were a little sad with that.  It was okay though.  The one that sticks out most in my memory is this one...


Sean brought it home one day when Asher was having a hard day, therefore mom was having a hard day too.  It looks like chocolate cake soaked in some kind of syrup/honey.  Very innocent looking.  I opened up the container, stabbed my fork in, and took a bite.  Let me tell you, my mouth felt like someone poured in pure, liquid sugar.  All my teeth were burning, and now I know where I have cavities in my mouth! Or maybe it burned holes in my teeth the moment I started chewing... I really don't know, but it was some seriously powerful, sugary, rich dessert.  Oh, and it was most definitely not chocolate cake!!  At least there is good quality, cheap, dental care here - seriously, there is. 

I'm a little worried because there are soo many options here that I feel I have to try.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be my New Zealand trip all over again, where we all gain 10lbs because we just HAD to try all the new kinds of candy.  I'll try and restrain myself and space it out so the results of my Krav Maga workouts don't go flying out the window, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the new posts! So jealous you have easy access to all the yummy european chocolate. Thanks for all the cute sporty boy clothes you already left us. We love dressing up our BOY and can't wait to introduce him to a football too :)

    ReplyDelete