Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

HAPPYST PATRICK'S DAY!

Just because we are in Albania, does not mean that we stop celebrating St. Patrick's Day :)  No decorations for sale?  Don't worry, we brought out own!  No lime sherbet for lime punch?  Easy fix, just add food coloring!  No buttermilk for Irish soda bread?  Then just use Albanian Kos (some form of dairy that is almost yogurt, but not quite - you never know, it could work, and did!).  No corned beef?  Fear not, I'll just corn my own!    We Irish will not be oppressed!  Plus, I am "shumë" resourceful when it comes to making things happen (shumë is "very" in Albanian) :)  I know, I know, what can I say... I'm awesome! ;)


Our very, and not so very, Irish family :)


Helping mom decorate



Keeping the boy distracted while mom prepares dinner in the kitchen


Yeah for decorations! (Notice the misprinted "HAPPYST Patrick's Day" sign)

  

Starting Asher young on everything Irish :)


Is dinner ready yet?  I'm hungry!


My homemade corned beef!  And it actually turned out pretty well!!  A little saltier than usual, but other than that it was tasty!

mmmm, yummy

Our very own Irish leprechaun, admiring our delicious Irish meal!

Hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day too!!  And if you want the best recipes for Irish soda bread, or glazed corned beef ( pre or post corning ;) )  I would love to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment