Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Few Firsts

Over the past couple of weeks we have had a few new developments in Asher's life that we wanted to share.

With regards to baby food, I had made the decision that I would wait until Asher was closer to six months to give it a try.  I was in no rush, and I heard that if you start them later, there's less of a possibility of them developing allergies.  Whether this is true or not, I don't know for sure, but like I said, we were in no rush.  Fast forward to month four and half - Sean's parents were in town and it was mentioned that starting baby food could possibly help babies sleep better and longer.  After hearing this, Sean and I reconsidered and decided we should give it a try.... 

Ok, let's be honest here, there was no reconsideration; the moment I heard about this glorious possibility, I shot to my feet, and darted into the kitchen to mix up a bowl of baby rice cereal, hahaha.  This is how a sleep-deprived mother's mind works. :)


Happy Asher!  He doesn't know what's about to happen :)


Hmmm, what is this new taste sensation?

Wait a minute - I don't know how I feel about this...

Blah

Yeah, I don't know about this whole food thing.

But the spoon is good!

What??? You are trying to give me more???

 
No thank you!!!
After a few days of him really not enjoying the food, and to my dismay, no change in his sleeping habits, we tried oatmeal.  We think he likes it a little better, but it's still not his favorite.

The next first wasn't exactly an official first, but it was the first time he went out and "enjoyed" the experience.  Snow!



When we first went out, Asher didn't really know what was going on,
other than the fact that he was in a big puffy red suit.
Andelyne, on the other hand, was done with the snow.


The cold must have hit him, and Andelyne just sat back and enjoyed the role reversal.


I attempted to console him, which was hard considering it was nap time.


But then he calmed down and gave us this wonderful, sweet, adorable shot :)


We decided to give the picture thing one more go,
but Asher let us know in no uncertain terms that he was done :)
Sean's translation of this picture was "I can't believe you people, if I could crawl, walk, or run I would be on my feet and out of here so quickly... so back off you guys."
 So he was only outside for about five minutes, but it was worth it for that one shot!

The final first is something I had heard of, but never seen.  It was like Nessie or Big Foot, we had heard of sightings, but never before witnessed it ourselves. It had never happened to Asher, because he would always put up a stink if he was not content with something.  On Saturday, we had the two families over who will be joining us in Albania.  All together, we had about 10 adults, 7 kids, and 3 infants all making lots and lots of noise while talking, playing, and baby babbling.  Asher was in his doorway jumper and was just jumping away, completely content, which is a rarity for our little one.  I was cooking and getting food out, and everyone was just enjoying themselves.  That was when Sean turned around to check on Asher and found this precious sight:



He just fell asleep after jumping away - happy as can be!  I couldn't stop looking at him, he was so adorable!!  Thank you little toy monkey for giving our baby boy a pillow :)

When he woke up about 30 minutes later, he just continued jumping like nothing had happened, except for those telltale red marks all over his cheek.


He's gotten to be so much happier over the past few days, and we are thrilled.  Last night he slept from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am, then 7:30 am to 9:30 am!!  Yay!!  Mom was soooo happy!  Thanks little man!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that's so cute! I love it when babies fall asleep in random places!! Can't wait to see you and meet that sweet boy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete