Thursday, January 19, 2012

Asher's First Haircut

We all know that Asher has lovely curls, and everyone just wants to tousle his hair.  Well, we finally decided to give them a little trim.  It wasn't because we necessarily wanted to, (why would you want to cut cute curls??) but there were a couple of things that started happening that nudged us into getting the haircut.

1.  Asher started to resemble Krusty the Clown:





2.  Albanians are notorious for their lack of dressing children in gender specific outfits, and hearing the question, "Is it a boy or a girl?" is just normal.  I didn't bother me when Asher was a baby.  But have you seen Asher lately?  He is a very male looking child!  Even when he was born, he was all boy.  Even then, it didn't bother me too much when we were in Albania.

This past month though, we were back in the States.  I have to say there was one too many people who made the comment "Oh!  She is such a cutie" or something of the like...  The kicker was when we were in the airport going to Salt Lake City, Sean and I were having the discussion about whether or not to cut his hair.  Sean was against it, I was for it.  One of my arguments was that people were calling him a girl.  Sean denied it, saying that it really didn't happen as much as I was implying.  Not two minutes later, a lady was walking by us and while looking at Asher said, "She is so precious!"  After laughing for about 5 minutes, Sean relented and we decided that we were going to give Asher a haircut.

Here are a few pictures, that MAYBE I can see what they were talking about :)


He is starting to look a little bit like his cousin, Andelyne ;)

On Christmas day it was time to trim the curls!  Sean was on board, but just to show him one last time why we needed to cute his hair, we (my sisters-in-law and myself) tried one last thing :)

He was not amused.  And Asher didn't like it much either ;)


Before Pictures (I cut the sides while he was taking a bath)


Sean came by as I was about to post this blog and let me know that he was very proud of his son's ability to take Nick Nolte-esque mug shots.  One quick Google image search later and I can say that he was definitely on to something, Asher is much cuter and happier, but they were both a little disheveled and beat up (Nick as the result of a bar room brawl, and Asher because his parents let his aunt watch him and she thought that it would be entertaining to spin him around and watch him walk on the sidewalk - we love you, Shannon).   
 
  

And the after...







1 comment:

  1. First, I am jealous of Asher's curls
    Second, I think his new haircut looks GREAT on him!

    ReplyDelete