Monday, August 8, 2011

Time for another Asher update!

With Asher's 1st birthday just a month away - crazy!! - I realized we need to do another post with some recent pictures.  For his last Dr. appointment (at 10 months), he weighed in at 23.5 lbs and was 30.5 inches tall.  I believe these were both somewhere in the 90% range.  Two Saturdays ago, Asher took his first steps - yay!!  I'm looking forward to the day when he can walk all by himself!  While he hasn't consistently used his "dadadadada" to refer to Sean, he's getting there!  Sean and I, on separate occasions, thought we heard him say "dog" and I might have heard a "book" come out of him once  :)  Oh how he loves his books!!  While he doesn't say specific things, he is very vocal, as seen in the video below...


He continues to exude energy and has started getting into cabinets, much to our dismay :)  When this stated happening, I went online and ordered lots of baby proofing cabinet, drawer and refrigerator locks (yes, he is already attempting to open the fridge).  I'm hoping they get here soon, because he's a fast one!


Caught red handed!

       

This has become one of his most favorite cabinets to play in, and mom's favorite distraction for him!

He's also started opening the front door...time to start locking the top lock!



Leaving church one Sunday, a little primary aged girl came up and
handed me this drawing of Asher, or "Ashel" as she has written. 
I thought it was pretty good - she got the curly hair, turned collar and everything!

Hey, that's me!


 


Asher makes the best faces ever!

     
Don't bother me, I have emails to check, meetings to schedule and parties to plan. 
Dad, please make sure you schedule me for lunch.

Um, I said now, dad. Sheesh!


Asher has been walking a lot, with the help of anyone who will hold his hand, or his little walker.  He loves walking!



 Well, that's all you get at the moment.  I'll have more when he turns 1!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. I love the hair.
    We gave Desi a designated cabinet he could play in and mess up. It worked pretty well to minimize the kitchen destruction while avoiding tantrums.

    ReplyDelete