Monday, May 16, 2011

Catching Up - Utah Trip

I just found a memory card that had pictures from a trip Asher and I took back in the beginning of February.  We flew out to Utah to visit my brother and his family before we left for Albania.  We had a great time!  I got to see tons of good friends and family, hear good news about babies on the way, Carlyn, and I got to eat at my favorite places one last time (Jamba juice, LBT Wraps, and Cafe Rio, though now there's one in Maryland!! I was a month too late!!! Not Fair!)

Asher's Flight to Utah

One highlight of my trip was going out to the car with Tara, on our way to run errands and finding the door iced shut.  After using brute force, Tara finally got it open - strong woman!  Unfortunately, we couldn't get it to close again - Oops!  But we had places to go, so the highlight is when Tara had to drive her car, holding the door shut with one had, and talking to Scott on the phone with the other, and somehow steering, maybe with her knee?  Don't worry, we were completely safe! :)  We made it to Scott's work and were able to change cars so we didn't have to hold the door closed on the highway, haha. 

Another highlight was learning all the names of Amy's My Little Ponies.  One morning, I was in their kitchen getting some food when I heard random words being yelled out by Tara and Amy, "Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo"  "Toola-Roola, Pinkie Pie" "Cheerilee, Sweetie Bell".  I thought maybe they had made up their own language :)  When I walked into the other room to see what was going on, I found them playing a My Little Pony matching game, and they were just calling out the names of the ponies as they flipped the cards over :) Suffice it to say, I learned all about My Little Ponies over the next few days, and loved it!

My final highlight must be shown in pictures and videos.  Let's just say we had a "bouncin'" good time :)


Here are some other stills of the fun time :)








And my all time favorite...


Good times, good times!  Thanks Tara and Scott for letting me hang out with you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for coming out to visit us so we could see you and meet Asher. We loved your visit. Thank you also for reminding me of that "safe" driving experience :) I had forgotten about that!

    ReplyDelete